Revitalizing St. Louis is our Passion
Our Mission to ReVitalize St. Louis
At the heart of all we do is one core mission: to promote and strengthen the ReVitalization efforts for the city of St. Louis through education, civic engagement and community events. It’s our firm belief that, by working together, we can make St. Louis a place where innovative development ideas are welcomed and supported, the history of the city is embraced and the way we all live becomes more sustainable than ever before.
Through ongoing efforts, ReVitalize St. Louis strives to:
- Educate the public on neighborhood evolution & improvements throughout the city.
- Be a resource for citizens about the city and the changes that are moving St. Louis into the future.
- Advocate for positive and innovative changes as they relate to the built environment.
- Showcase our city’s great architectural heritage of both past & present.
- Support existing civic and community organizations that align with our mission.
Meet The 2020 Board
Larry Cohn, President
Larry Cohn has a diverse background, blending his business acumen with personal development strategies and mindset-based growth philosophies to launch, fund, and support companies and nonprofits across the U.S. He is a graduate of The Harvard Business School for Executive Education and Negotiation, Washington University in St. Louis, and The Fire Walking Institute for Research and Education.Through his many successful business pursuits, his businesses have been featured in Money Magazine, USA Today, and Food and Wine. Larry serves on the advisory board of Lift for Life Gym, the 7th Grade Poetry Foundation and ReVitalize St. Louis.
Jim Shelvy, Vice President
Jim Shelvy is a native St. Louisan and serial entrepreneur, public speaker, and professional developer who is passionate and well-versed in helping to transform people, teams, and companies into profitable, successful businesses.
His background is in sales management for big box retail operations including Best Buy, Maytag, and American TV, and in the small business sector as a consultant. Most recently, he served as a Vice President of Sales for an international company with sales in excess of $500 million annually. Jim is an active member of the community and serves as a board member for ReVitalize St. Louis.
Taylor Miller, Secretary
Taylor blends her skill for organization with her passion for helping people. Taylor has volunteered her time to help senior citizens and has also been active with Young Women Empowered, empowering young women in the workplace. Taylor is excited to bring these skills and her amazing drive to the ReVitalize Board.
How To Join the Board
We are always on the lookout for St. Louisans who are passionate and eager to help revitalize the city. We strive to have diverse board and welcome citizens from across the city who want to leverage their knowledge and urban enthusiasm to make a difference. If you are interested in becoming a board member let us know! To be a board member you must:
- Be a RVSTL member in good standing (fully paid member).
- Have participated in at least one of our Task Forces, committees or helped with an event.
- Commit to attending one board meeting a month.
- Commit to participating in one Task Force or Committee.
- Attend at least one RVSTL event each quarter.
To contact the board, please email email@example.com today!